[NAFEX] Subject: Fungus on Cherry Seeds

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed May 20 11:12:57 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/18/2009 9:16:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
toni.pralle at gmail.com writes:

> <<I tried spraying a detergent on them to see if I could kill
> the mold but it's very difficult to clean the seeds of all traces of
> mold. Does anyone have a suggestion for how I could treat them
> without killing their ability to germinate?<<

How about just planting them? There are all kinds of natural fungicide
agents in the soil. Also one tsp. or chlorine in a gallon of water will also
remove much, but not prevent returning mold. Removing all flesh that supports
mold should also reduce mold.

I must confess my experiernce is limited with cherry seeds, but have
successfully started from seed. And also had a mold problem.  NO NOT STORE TOO
WET!

 Jerry

Recession-proof vacation ideas.  Find free things to do in
the U.S.