[NAFEX] St. Lawrence Nursery

Brungardt, Sam Sam.Brungardt at state.mn.us
Wed May 20 10:15:16 EDT 2009

The owner's name is Bill MacKentley and he is very obliging if you have problems with your order.  I've ordered from St. Lawrence for years and the quality of the nursery stock is admittedly quite variable.  I've always chalked this up to its being in a very short-season area of New York State.  Given proper care in the year I plant it, it has always caught up.  Some of the things that bill sells are tissue-cultured plants.  Saskatoons are an example.  And he has some genetic material and offers a few cultivars that no one else offers.  This is very much a mom and pop operation employing only a modest number of nonfamily members.  I give him my business whenever I can to encourage him to stay in business. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.