[NAFEX] test clarification

Road's End Farm organic87 at frontiernet.net
Mon May 18 09:43:33 EDT 2009

On May 18, 2009, at 6:33 AM, Rosholdt wrote:

> Actually, what I was fretting about was the fact that I sent a post and
> then, when reading the posts on the list-serve, I did not see it.  This
> makes me believe the post did not make it.  I just sent this one as a
> reply (hitting the reply-to).   My experience is that it won't make it.
>
> Barbara

Barbara,

I'm sending this both as a reply to the list and to your email address
(which showed in the header). The post above did come through to me on
the list: did you see it on the list? If not, they may be showing on
the list but just not showing to you; in which case, you might want to
adjust your preferences on the list itself.

Steve recently explained how to do this (I haven't tried it, but expect
he got it right):

> On May 17, 2009, at 8:57 PM, Steve wrote:
>
>> What I haven't seen anyone explain is how to change those settings so
>> that you see your own messages on the list. The answer is at the
>> bottom
>> of every message we read here. Scroll to the bottom of any message and
>> look for "also can be used to change other email options". Click the
>> link it is referring to and scroll down to the bottom of that page.
>> There you will type in the e-mail address you use for our group and
>> click the button. (It says unsubscribe or edit options.) One of the
>> options that you can choose yes or no is "Receive your own posts to
>> the
>> list?". Decide what you want to do.

--Rivka
Finger Lakes NY; zone 5 mostly