aleguy33 at yahoo.com
Fri May 15 08:22:56 EDT 2009
Can't say for sure, but perhaps the current causes a physiological reaction in the victim that stops the venom? It makes sense that the body's response to electricity could generate some kind of response that also takes out certain venoms. At least it does to me.
From: Sheridan Shumway <rattler_mt at yahoo.com>
To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:32:09 PM
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] venom
i would love to see the science behind how it works cause i just cant wrap my mind around how it could possibly work.....venom isnt actually anything special, its just a protein....in my mind saying electrical shock works to destroy it is like saying boiling water will(which it will) but your going to screw up all the other proteins there aswell....you could slow down venom by putting your bitten hand into a pot of boiling water and holding it there....but its going to destroy alot of other stuff aswell....just cant wrap my head around how electrical shock can destroy the proteins that make up venom but leave the rest of the proteins(human tissue) in the area of the bite unhurt...would love to see the science explaining why it works if it truely does....
nafex mailing list
nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Reproduction of list messages or archives is not allowed.
This includes distribution on other email lists or reproduction on web sites.
Permission to reproduce is NEVER granted, so don't claim you have permission!
**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
Posts from email addresses that are not subscribed are discarded.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be used to change other email options):
File attachments are NOT stripped by this list.
TAKE STEPS TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COMPUTER VIRUSES!
Please do not send binary files.
Use plain text ONLY in emails!
NAFEX web site: http://www.nafex.org/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the nafex