[NAFEX] Asian pears (was Atlantic Queen pear)

Ed Fackler ed.fackler at gmail.com
Sat May 9 10:54:17 EDT 2009

Bill:

     That is a great story!  Thanks.  And you've nailed down the flavors of
"Hardy Giant" (aka Olympic, Korean Giant, etc.).  And indeed they'll (well
most anyway) will develop sugars much before they are at peak flavor.  And
the "golden" (generally on the southwest "sunkissed" side) color develops
late and is an indicator of peak maturity.

     And as information I do think Stark Hardy Giant is the same as Olympic
as I sent them their original bud wood many, many years ago and have seen
their scion orchard more recently.

ed