[NAFEX] heat tape

Naomi Counides naomi at oznayim.us
Tue Mar 31 09:12:59 EDT 2009

Local wisdom here, used to heavy commercial orchards, if the sky is
overcast, you can sleep.  If it clears you need to get up and light your
smudge pots and fire up the wind machines.   By dumb luck I positioned my
trees along a rise by the driveway so there is excellent temperature
drainage.  I have used Christmas lights and sheets.  But have been lazy of
late.  Mostly it is okay and since I do not live off my trees and am not
monoculture it is not a major problem if there is a light fruit year.

Actually I may have a light fruit year from my Keepsake apple.  It bore
heavily last year and we kind of picked in a rush before a storm.  I asked
my husband to help.  He ripped the heck out of that tree.

Naomi

  _____