[NAFEX] heat tape

William C. Garthright billg at inebraska.com
Mon Mar 30 22:43:01 EDT 2009

> A while back I read a summary of some prof. at MU trying to delay blossom by spraying the whole tree with a dilute latex paint/water mix.  The idea was to keep the sun off the buds as well as the trunk.  Can't remember how long it supposedly delayed bloom, but I'm thinking it was a weeks delay.

Interesting, Mark. I might try that next year. I did wonder when I
painted the trunks how far up I was supposed to go.

And my neighbors think I'm loony already, so I might as well go all the way.

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock.
- Will Rogers