[NAFEX] Thoughts on Early Season Tree Spraying?

jas39a at earthlink.net jas39a at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 18 10:45:11 EDT 2009

I have always applied dormant oil spray at this time.  It controls aphids by suffocating the eggs (assuming that it is applied properly...i.e., by spraying upwards so that the spray enters the downward-pointing cracks in the bark, which is where aphids lay their eggs).  Dormant oil can be applied at any time of the year when frost is not expected withing 48 hours.

Eddie Earles