[NAFEX] Wintergreen

Spidra Webster spidra at speakeasy.net
Sat Mar 14 22:36:39 EDT 2009

I have no tricks. I planted it in the semi-shade of my avocado tree.
It was doing well until the beach strawberry spread so much that it
runners over everything. I have to do some serious plucking to expose
the plants the beach strawberry has buried to sun. In the 4 years
I've had the wintergreen, it has produced a couple berries. It stays
small so I wouldn't call it a groundcover...that is, it doesn't
spread (whether slow or fast). Just a small patch of plant.

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA

CRFG, NAFEX: I'm in USDA Zone 9b

Garden with me on Folia: http://myfolia.com/gardener/spidra/invite