[NAFEX] apple seed starting 2 more cents

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sat Mar 14 19:22:55 EDT 2009

An alternative to Clorox is to soak the seeds in water several times,
but replace one soak with a 5-10%  solution of hydrogen peroxide.  That
is, use commercial bathroom-type peroxide diluted to about 10%.  The
peroxide not only sterilizes the seed, it enhances germination.
Several members of the Grapebreeders list have had excellent results
with peroxide.  It really does ensure that you'll have more white
roots.  :-)
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :