[NAFEX] Mapling (Jim Fruth) Good Season ( Anthony )

Kevin Moore aleguy33 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 14:18:37 EDT 2009

I've always been fascinated by maple sugaring. I live well outside the range of the sugar maple, but came across a reference in an old book to a species of maple that grows in the south that was referred to as the sugar tree. The practice has since been abandoned in favor of the cane plantations, but I would love to know what species of maple that old book was referring to. Does anyone know?

Kevin, z9