[NAFEX] Bankrupt Nursery

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Mon Mar 9 11:00:24 EDT 2009

    Did you hear?  Northrup King has filed for bankruptcy.

    That's no surprise.  "Why," you ask?  When I was a kid, we bought most
of our gardening supplies from them.  Everyone I knew thought they were the
best catalog nursery.  But then something happened; I don't know what.  I
quit buying from them when they sent me 'gargage' plants.  I assumed they
were bought out by some cut-rate company because catalogs from four
nurseries, including Northrup King, were coming out identical - they all had
the same items/pictures mixed differently in each's catalog.  I won't buy
anything from any of them and, apparently, alot of other folks think
likewise.  End of an era.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472