[NAFEX] Rooting hormones and propagation

jas39a at earthlink.net jas39a at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 6 07:33:09 EST 2009

Lucky--Did you do this indoors (greenhouse), or outdoors?  At which time of year?

This past Autumn, a friend of mine took cuttings (active, not dormant) from a couple of my pears and rooted them successfully with rootone.  He did his in pots, using some type of shredded bark as a growing medium.  I thought I'd just try to root them in my garden.

By the way, I'm working in the same office as Doug Hines now.  He says he has some leftover OHxF rootstocks he'll let me have, so I can graft a few of the scions I brought with me from Maryland. He also says I can ride down to the Nut Growers' meeting with him.

Eddie Earles