[NAFEX] Electric fence on the inside?

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed Mar 4 14:43:48 EST 2009

>     That's why I was wondering.................if the deer get a shock once
>they get inside the fence, would they associate the orchard with pain?

Jim, I don't know -   Most of the stuff I've seen about a two-fence
system for deer exclusion used a low fence just outside of the higher
main fence, but there's nothing wrong with giving it a try inside.
A single-strand of electric wire is pretty inexpensive to put up and
easy to maintain.  A good energizer would be the most expensive part
of the whole system - but you might be able to find a small,
powerful, used unit on eBay.

LLP