[NAFEX] deer dogs

John Bunker john.p.bunker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 09:10:58 EST 2009

For the past 20 years we have used standard Collies to protect our
orchard and gardens.  They have been great.  We've had one at a time,
though we're tempted to get a second.  They stay outside all but 3 or
4 nights per year.  They won't walk in gardens.  If you call them,
they will run all the way around the gardens to get to you.  Because
our farm is away from other houses and on a very long driveway we can
let them run free all the time. They won't roam to the neighbors.
They do bark, sometimes off and on all night.  That's what we want.
When the barking gets to be too much (a couple of times a year), I
just invite them inside, praise them, and go to bed.

John Bunker
Fedco
trees at fedcoseeds.com
www.fedcoseeds.com