[NAFEX] Honeybee question Off-Topic

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Jul 30 23:37:50 EDT 2009

I don't know about current technology, but the old queen excluders were
made of parallel rods  rather than square holes.  On the other hand,
the old pollen collectors used hardware cloth to scrape the pollen
pellets off the bees' legs.   You might want to check with a company
that makes bee supplies on the size of the holes.  Even if the holes
allow them to pass, they might discourage the bees from entering if
it's too much work.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :