[NAFEX] Saskatoons

Ernest Plutko ernestplutko at wiktel.com
Mon Jul 27 19:39:41 EDT 2009

Ate several handfuls of my first-ripened Saskatoons today.  Tasty.
When I first ate Saskatoons I didn't like them but I acquired a taste
for them. Don't understand why not many Saskatoons are grown in US.
I have enough blackberries for a pie ripening.  Not many but its the
best I can grow since blackberries don't grow here.  Covered canes
with dirt during winter.

My neighbor moved here from Arkansas.  He brought up a semi loaded
with fruit trees from his last home in Arkansas.  Told me he was
going to raise and sell huge quantities of fruit here.  He had peach
trees, blackberry bushes and Southern apples.  All of his trees and
bushes died.  He doesn't have a clue.