[NAFEX] Canadice grape vine doesn't fruit

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Jul 20 10:34:42 EDT 2009

It still sounds like a nutrient imbalance, or possible something toxic
in the environment.  I don't know of any disease or insect that would
selectively remove flower clusters that way.
That makes it likely that a replanted vine could have the same problem
unless you can locate and correct it.
If you are going to remove it, dig down to where the roots come off the
bottom of the trunk.  That will be where they came out of the bottom of
the original cutting.  Cut the roots a couple of inches out from the
trunk and take out the vine.  The roots are unable to sprout new shoots
and will die, though they can stay alive in the soil up to  four years.
Without knowing the cause of your problem, I hesitate to recommend any
grape for replanting.
-Lon Rombough
short, low resolution clip here:
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :