[NAFEX] Beach Plum questions

Jim Fruth jimfruth at charter.net
Mon Jul 6 08:46:58 EDT 2009

    As I mentioned in an earlier post, my Winter received over an inch of
rain added to the snow so the snow pack had little insulative properties.
    I had 24 Beach Plum bushes and two of them proved to be hardier than the
others.  These two bloomed producing fruit.

Question No. 1:  There are no crescent shaped marks on the plums; do
Curcullios not like Beach Plum?

Question No. 2:  If all continues as is, I could get a handful of plums.
Hopefully it is not too early to ask; does anyone want seed from bushes that
thrive after -38 F.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472