[NAFEX] Ordering plant material from USDA

Robert Bruns r.fred.bruns at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 12:44:14 EST 2009

I have ordered vegetable seed (melons, cucumbers, tomatoes) from the USDA.
They germinated very well, although vegetable seeds are obviously much
easier to germinate than apple seeds.  The USDA will usually be willing to
provide material such as seeds or scionwood as long as you have some use
that would benefit the public, such as plant breeding or reoffering to
members of a group such as Seed Savers Exchange or NAFEX.

Fred