[NAFEX] Apple Varieties like Pink Lady and Honey Crisp

Geoffrey Stone gfstone at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 7 12:09:57 EDT 2009

I'm collecting apple varieties for our orchard in WNC and would like to have those w/ most disease resistance. I have a preference for Pink Lady and Honey Crisp. I understand Pink Lady is susceptible to fire blight. Can y'all recommend other varieties that have similar taste characteristics and which are more disease resistant.
    What are the words that describe these varieties? I haven't got the lingo down yet.
Geoffrey Stone
Black Mountain, NC