[NAFEX] pears for north iowa

Toni Pralle toni.pralle at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:12:43 EDT 2008

I got this response from Van Well's Nursery! So maybe..........

Dear Toni,

A few pears are possible for consideration.

The Bartlett would be a good choice as well as Golden Russett Bosc.
Concordes would probably do okay also.   All three are good choices and
excellent flavor.   The Concord pear is a unique pear.  It is small but has
a good buttery taste to it.   Bartlett and Bosc are also excellen flavor and
very popular.

Let me know what you decide.

Suzanne Van Well

--