[NAFEX] brown rot on plums

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:47:10 EDT 2008

I was going to address this to Ed but I thought it might be of interest to
others on list.

Ed, Hi.  Have you tried Indar or Pristine fungicides?  Up here the brown rot
on plums doesn't start showing up until about 6 weeks or so before
ripening.  Because scab isn't an issue as on peaches, if I catch the brown
rot even after it has started I can stop it in its tracks with Indar or
Pristine.  Do the plums down there start to rot a lot sooner before reaching
ripeness?

As far as your multiple generations of plum curculio, it makes me awfully
skeptical of your famous claim that heaven is within you area code.