[NAFEX] When are Muscadines Ripe?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Mon Sep 8 20:41:15 EDT 2008

Muscadines are ripe when they fall off.  In fact, that's the usual way
to harvest them.  Spread a tarp under the vine and shake it.  The
berries that don't fall aren't ripe.  If you pick them in clusters like
regular grapes, you'll get unripe ones.  Many varieties have a dry scar
(point of attachment) so they won't juice when they fall.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :