[NAFEX] Belle of Georiga peach.

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 08:09:05 EDT 2008

In a message dated 9/3/2008 1:12:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sherwindu at comcast.net writes:

> Last year, after doing a frustrating search for a Belle of Georgia Peach
> Tree, I spotted a nice looking grafted one at my local Home Depot.  I
> normally
> don't buy from the builder's store, but the price was right and the tree
> looked healthy.

This reminds me:

Several years back while traveling through Georgia, I purchased a few Belle
of Georgia peaches at a farm stand. Delicious!!!  Stratified three seeds, dug a
nice large hole, replaced with rich top soil then planted the seed early
spring. Two germinated and grew about 4 feet that first year. The second year to
maybe 7 feet. The third year they bore fruit, large, looked like Belle and was
every bit as good as Belle the seed parent. Being in zone 5 and Belle being a
southern peach, both froze to death that following winter!    Bummer!

Jerry

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel
deal here.