[NAFEX] Juneberry recipes

D Stubbs dsmndel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 22:52:56 EDT 2008

We have 50 'Smokey' saskatoons, I'd highly recommend them. They are
enjoyable fresh, but nothing compared to the complex almost almond taste
that comes out when cooked.
Our all out favorite pie is saskatoons and rhubard - the saskatoons bring
the rich flavor, but have no acid, and the rhubarb brings the brightness - a
perfect pair.
Del  MN

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Mark Angermayer <hangermayer at isp.com>wrote:

>  Saskatoons are pretty new for us, but so far my family and I have not
> been very impressed with the taste.  We have "Regent" juneberries and
> although they don't have any disease problems, they just aren't that
> flavorful (as compared to say, blueberries).  This summer we were in
> Colorado and tried some wild juneberries and they tasted about the same,
> somewhat bland and seedy.
>
> Has anyone found serviceberries especially good in some recipe?  I love
> blueberries in pancakes.  Anyone tried serviceberries in pancakes?
>
> Mark
> KS

> sites.
> permission!