[NAFEX] fig (and other fruit) drying

kbrubaker at nc.rr.com kbrubaker at nc.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 19:04:11 EDT 2008

Could someone please recommend a dryer/dehydrator that they have had good experience with?  I am looking to dry both tree fruits and berries, but especially figs.  Our Violette de Bordeaux tree started bearing this year and I think it will make a very good dried fig if allowed to ripen fully.

We have a small dehydrator that we inherited (cylindrical, stacking ring type) that I have given up on.  A solar dryer would be great, but the humidity in NC would be a big barrier during the growing season.

Thank you,
Kurt
Durham, NC