[NAFEX] Wild persimmon tasting

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Sun Nov 30 13:44:45 EST 2008

Suppose you had happened on a wild crab apple and found it to be
unpleasant to you.  Would you dismiss all apples on that basis?
Persimmons are like any fruit in that some selections are considerably
different from others.  I have range of varieties and some are
decidedly lacking in flavor here in Oregon, unless we get an
exceptionally warm year.  Others are consistently good every year.  A
well ripened persimmon can be as sweet and complex in flavor as you
could want a fruit to be.
	Wait until your Morris Burton ripens it's first crop (it's slow to
bear).  It's definitely one of the sweeter ones.  It was selected
because the farmer who found it noted that the animals all went to that
one tree in preference to all the others in the area.
-Lon Rombough
NEW grape pruning video: http://www.bunchgrapes.com/dvd.html
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.
A video about The Grape Grower :