[NAFEX] London in late March/early April

Spidra Webster spidra at speakeasy.net
Wed Nov 26 12:21:41 EST 2008

How far from London are you willing to go?

Brogdale is a day trip from London so it's totally doable.  Call to
make sure they're open.  The website was wrong and I went down there
the first week of November and found it closed. Luckily, one of the
volunteers was nice enough to take me on a very abbreviated swing
'round the orchard in a car.  I was not allowed to walk through
because of ground conditions.

http://www.brogdalecollections.co.uk/

If you can do Cornwall, the Lost Gardens of Heligan and The Eden
Project are supposed to be great.

http://www.heligan.com

http://www.edenproject.com/

There's a comprehensive list of famous UK gardens here.

http://tinyurl.com/2scthc

On Nov 26, 2008, at 3:50 AM, Harrick, Barbara wrote:

> Hi all. I will be celebrating my 50th birthday in London in late
> March/early April 2009.  What outstanding horticultural (ok, fruit)
> bits
> should I not miss?

Megan Lynch

Berkeley, CA