[NAFEX] crab apples

Claude Jolicoeur cjoli at gmc.ulaval.ca
Tue Nov 25 13:28:56 EST 2008

Dolgo is a great crab for jelly, sauce, butter, etc. It contains a lot of
acidity, sugar and flavor. It is however a bit too acidic for juice and
cider when added in too large proportion. In my opinion, no home orchard
should be without some Dolgo. It is extremely hardy and very easy to grow.
Claude, in Quebec, zone 4