[NAFEX] snip your posts

mangodance bmn at iglou.com
Tue Nov 25 10:08:28 EST 2008

Chris Garriss wrote:

>   It would seem that if no one received messages in digest form it would
> come closer to solving - any reply without snipping would only include
> "relevant" material, and not the entire digest...since most people are
> not going to "edit".

That wouldn't work either due to the fact that if left inact inside EACH
message, threads can run pages and pages.  Archives suffer and so do
those folks on limited connectivity and who pay for bandwidth.

I can also attest to the fact that there are groups out there which are
more heavily moderated for just the reason yo mention above...people not
editing.  On those groups, people are notified when joining that they
are required to exercise personal responsibility when posting and the
reasons behind that.  It seems to work in that once you get used to it,
it just becomes second nature.