[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 70, Issue 22

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 08:00:32 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/13/2008 7:05:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
b.harrick at ilslaunch.com writes:

> Jerry, I am jealous, I can only use a bb/pellet here--the squirrels jump
> up in the air when hit and are back within 15 minutes....sigh.....

Hi Barb,

Squirrels have a very tough skin, very tough. I believe that is why they can
jump out of a tree 20 feet land flat on their stomachs and run off seemingly
unhurt. Their hide holds then tight to absorb the shock. That tough skin also
repels BBs.
I've dressed, undressed ;-),  many rabbits whose skin is paper thin compared
to squirrel. I'd also submit removing deer hide is easier than squirrel, just
takes much longer.

On the cherries, yes pit them before freezing, for sure. Much easier while
firm.

Jerry

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie
news &
more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=http://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown0000000
1)