[NAFEX] A golden cherry idea

Dianne Stephany iluvdanc at rochester.rr.com
Tue Nov 11 12:43:38 EST 2008

MessageBirds leave our golden (Ranier and Van) cherries alone; even after they have completely stripped the wild red cherries off the other tree.
I don't know your varieties, but in general they have a much milder cherry taste and are sweet. They do make a good wine, though again it doesn't have much of a cherry taste. I tried freezing them- awful in my opinion- brown grey color and not much taste. My husband said they were fine. I have mixed them in with red currants to make cherry-red currant jam which is very nice.
  Dianne Stephany in Rochester NY