[NAFEX] myers lemons

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Thu Nov 6 09:52:09 EST 2008

I have a Meyers lemon.  It lives in the ground in my backyard when the oaks
have leaves, and moves to a pot in a SE window when the nights get cold in
the fall.

Yes, I repot it and replant it every year.  I do this mostly because I
couldn't keep it adequately watered in its pot in full sun.  (my
houseplants get watered no more than once a week.)

It loses a lot of leaves every time I replant it from pot to ground or
ground to pot.  Especially when I repot it and bring it inside in the fall.
 I don't know whether this is due to disturbing the roots, due to changes
in temp and humidity, or just seasonal.  I've decided to simply accept it
as a 'feature' of growing this plant.  It's incredibly tough and always
re-grows.  I usually get a few lemons each year.

Good luck.
___
Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6