[NAFEX] Unsweet melons

Diane Whitehead voltaire at islandnet.com
Tue May 20 11:53:28 EDT 2008

I would never try melons in this maritime climate, but raspberries and
blackberries that have been sweet all summer ripen either sour or
tasteless by October.  This could be for two reasons:  lack of sun and
its warmth, or the onset of our rainy season in October which might
give the plants enough water to dilute their juice. (It certainly
splits any tomatoes still growing.)

Diane Whitehead
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
on the Pacific