[NAFEX] Raspberry dormancy?

Sheridan Shumway rattler_mt at yahoo.com
Fri May 16 13:51:24 EDT 2008

the climate up here on the northern plains is really
harsh on plants. we bought a new house about 2 years
ago and are in the process of ripping out the existing
landscape and replanting it with fruits. Raspberries
happen to be a favorite of my wifes and we are
devoting a large section of the back garden to a
raspberry patch. i have seen what you describe and i
would just wait it out.....we have planted some that
we would have swore had died only to have them come up
big and beautiful the next year. also had one bush
where the shoots came out of the ground in a 8 inch
square last year send out runners and are coming up in
a 4 foot square this year. if yah dont see growth in
another 4 weeks i might get concerned. but slow
starting can be normal.....

Sheridan S.
northeast Montana
zone 3(my best guess given the maps, but going by what
i grow i would say more zone 4)