[NAFEX] ground hogs and orchard mowing

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Fri May 16 09:06:15 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/16/2008 7:43:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lishimuro at yahoo.com writes:

> If anyone has any tips for ridding ground hogs could you PLEASE let me
> know?  I have tried the heart traps, the .22 and gopher bombs.... the .22 works
> the best but unfortunately I am not home all the time!   What bait works good
> in the trap?

I have a friend who eats them. I'll bet they are good. I've not, but mainly
because my wife will not cook them. I've asked! I've eaten raccoons which are
delicious.

Anyway, your locally Farm Bureau Co-op or Grower’s Co-op may have gas bombs.
Simply plug up all entrances except one or two. Then have dirt in the shovel
ready to plug the last entrance(s), light and throw in a gas bomb (they don't
blow up, but generates a stifling cloud of smoke) and plug it. Better to have
all entrances ready and bomb each one. Then stand by and watch for smoke coming
out of an unplugged hole.

Jerry

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.