[NAFEX] Captan/Sulfur

dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Thu May 15 09:15:14 EDT 2008

Mark,

Yeah, you are right,  but combinations of captan and sulfur can cause
necrotic spotting on leaves of susceptible varieties (e.g., Jonathan,
MacIntosh), so I usually tell growers not to mix the two.
Captan is more effective on scab than sulfur anyway, so I'm with you....I'm
not sure why anyone would want to do this anyway.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard, Zone 5
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com
http://www.revivalhymn.com