[NAFEX] Gooseberry seedling

John S swim_at_svc at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 01:15:06 EDT 2008

Was out weeding my gooseberries today and discovered that I was not as thorough removing fallen fruit last year as normally done.  I have a quantity of gooseberry seedlings that I am considering growing out.  Does anybody have a feel for how likely it would be to see worthwhile plants from these?  Pollen parents could be any of a number of named varieties as there was no effort to control pollination.  I've heard that some fruit varieties can reproduce well from seed while others do not.  Where do gooseberries fall in that range?

John