[NAFEX] spring

Dr.O'Barr Topgun at Otelco.net
Fri May 2 21:48:25 EDT 2008

My VistaPrint Electronic Business CardWe have been warming up since the glaciers were in the Dakotas but man did not start it.

Topgun
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dianne Stephany
  To: North American Fruit Explorers
  Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 1:00 PM
  Subject: [NAFEX] spring

  Hi,
  We here in Rochester NY plan on early spring being changeable. In 2002 or maybe 2003, we had a freeze Memorial Day weekend and lost all our peaches, cherries and plums.

  This April was the third warmest on record since they started keeping records; you have to go back to 1921 to get a warmer April.   The one thing I do know about global warming is that it does not mean just an increase in temperature, but the disruption of "normalcy"-- whether it be rainfall patterns, seasons, wind, temperature, etc.  My vote is to let Gore keep his award.

  Dianne Stephany, Rochester Ny
  Zone 5.

  No exceptions.

  NAFEX web site:   http://www.nafex.org/