[NAFEX] Pyrus ussuriensis

Hélène Dessureault interverbis at videotron.ca
Fri May 2 17:04:14 EDT 2008

Jim, you did not indicated your location. This is very exciting as I always
considered p. ussuriensis to be kind of useless except as a rootstock.

Claude Jolicoeur, in his interesting articles on pears in Northern climate
in Pomona  mentioned different good varieties with p. ussuriensis parentage.
Derry in BC was wondering about the reject syndrome sometimes associated
with p.  ussuriensis. This is a blind shot, but is it possible that
varieties with p. ussuriensis in their parentage would be easier to graft on
p. ussuriensis rootstock?

Hélène, zone 3-4, north of Ottawa