[NAFEX] Raspberry and blackberry seed

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Mon Jun 30 12:49:59 EDT 2008

At 11:48 AM 6/30/2008, you wrote:
>I need advice on how to germinate raspberry abd blackberry seeds.  I
>tried and had no success.

Well, since birds and wild critters process them through their GI
tracts, maybe there's something in that process that enhances
germination - they certainly end up in a 'starter packet' of organic
fertilizer. LOL
Seems like there was a NAFEX member (I'll not name any names) several
years back, who was processing their own blackberry seeds in this
manner - to the consternation of their spouse - in hopes of selecting
some especially winter-hardy seedlings.  I've not seen a 'progress
report' from them as to how well, if at all, their experiment worked.

Lucky