[NAFEX] glysphosphate research

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Fri Jun 27 13:06:47 EDT 2008

___
Ginda

...... Original Message .......
On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:58:58 -0400 "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh at gmail.com>
wrote:
>I already stated that this subject has taken up more space than I'd like
but my pride draws me back to the fray after my old buddy Mangoedance's
take on my comment.  I was not responding to the details of the experiment,
just the direct quotes from the experimenter.  Calling the results
"shocking" seems to be a rather unscientific assessment perhaps designed
for attention more than clarity.

>I doubt the writer fabricated the part about pouring the glysphosphate
directly into the tank either.  As a layman it seems curious that this
would be the methodology.  I would be more interested in the affects of
runoff into streams and estuaries from plants and soil sprayed because I
see no reason a fruit grower would use Roundup in any other way. I did my
research on Roundup years ago when I was doing some native meadow
installations which is the only thing I've used this product for to any
extent.  The research led me to a confidence that Roundup pretty much stays
put.

>I believe that there is a formula of glysphosphate for aquatic weeds but I
don't know if it has the same toxic adjuvent.  If it does, I take my
comments back- the results of the experiment would then indeed be shocking.

>This includes distribution on other email lists or reproduction on web
sites.
permission!

>**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
>No exceptions.
>----
>To subscribe or unsubscribe, go to the bottom of this page (also can be
used to change other email options):