[NAFEX] Wise fire ants

halegp at aol.com halegp at aol.com
Fri Jun 13 20:14:46 EDT 2008

I had noticed that I was not finding mounds as often but was getting stung just as frequent.? I suspected that they had devolved from the mound building phase.? At least, so far, they are not in the houses around here.? Wonder how they?would work pickled as a pepper sauce.? Thanks for the info.?

The problem is, they've developed multiple queen
colonies which are not observable as "mounds" anymore - they forage throughout
the grass and it's hard to control them without simply spraying the whole area.?
People used to treat for them, now most of my old neighbors have given up.?

?Gordon Hale
Grand Prairie, Texas