[NAFEX] Rasberries

Robert C. Mullins mullins at gaelicmysts.com
Fri Jun 13 18:17:42 EDT 2008

I have a strange situation.  I planted a red rasberry last year and it
seems fine.  This year it put on flowers and started to 'berry-up' but
then one day I went out to check on it, and noticed that the entire
flower stem were dead, dead, dead.  The plant is perfectly fine and is
putting on next years shoots, but everything on the flower/berry ends died.

I thought this was an isolated instance.  However I was out gathering
wild blackberries and notice I have one or two patches out there in the
field with the same exact symptoms.  Anybody have any clues about this?
I was thinking maybe rain/water stress?  Whatever it is it affects Rubus
for sure.

--
Robert C. Mullins M.S. IT
GaelicMysts, Owner