[NAFEX] stopping ants

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 13:40:03 EDT 2008

If you need to control aphids it is often best to wait for lady bugs here
but with Cherries they sometimes avoid predation by curling the leaves.  Of
course, this makes them harder to spray as well.  If you try to control the
aphids with a poison spray you''ll also take out your ladies who show up
when aphid numbers are high.

I have had situations where ants seemed to ward off the lady bugs and the
best way to deal with this is with ant stakes.  If you're absolutely organic
there are some materials that work but not nearly as well.  I think organic
methods should allow the use of synthetic baits that don't disperse the
poison into the environment, but hey, what do I know?  I don't mind
dispersing a little synthetic poison into the environment anyway.