[NAFEX] mulberry

Brungardt, Sam Sam.Brungardt at state.mn.us
Thu Jan 31 13:41:09 EST 2008

Ernest, I may be mistaken, but I don't think black mulberries (M. nigra)
are winter hardy in Kansas.  The black mulberries you picked in Kansas
were most likely (M. rubra, M. alba or a hybrid of the two).  Where was
this black mulberry tree growing and what makes you think it was M.
nigra? -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.