[NAFEX] Planting Peach Pits

Diane Whitehead voltaire at islandnet.com
Thu Jan 31 12:20:31 EST 2008

It's easier to let the squirrels plant the nuts, though they won't put
them in neat rows.  I have walnuts and filberts coming up all over the
yard and also in small pots, all planted by absent-minded squirrels.

You could just leave a pile of nuts in one corner of the field, and
let them go to it.

More on topic:  I bottle a lot of apricots and peaches each year and
dump the pits in the vegetable garden.  I get germination from
peaches, though not a high % considering the number of seeds.  I don't
get any apricots.

Diane Whitehead
Victoria, B.C., Canada