[NAFEX] hasaku (or hassaku) citrus

Donna &/or Kieran holycow at cookeville.com
Thu Jan 31 00:08:15 EST 2008

If I remember correctly, this is a popular citrus variety from Japan that was not available anywhere except from Riverside CA when I heard of it.  The with  growing any citrus from seed is that seedlings, even though they may be nucellar clones, spend years in juvenile growth patterns, growing tall and thorny and producing little if any fruit.  In the case of Hassaku, it makes zygotic seeds, not nucellars.  Let us know if you manage to wrest any budwood from Riverside.    Donna