[NAFEX] Suggestions for crabapples for birds?

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Tue Jan 1 21:34:35 EST 2008

Malus fusca is very good that way.  The species ranges along the west
coast well up into Alaska.  It has a strong tendency to be shrubby. It
is supposed to have a very high resistance to fireblight, and will grow
on stream banks, even partly in water.  Not sure where you would find a
source of trees, though.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.